The overall purpose of Finance department is to “ensure proper management and accountability for the financial resources of the municipality’’. The Municipal Treasurer is the Head of this Department
The key activities under financial management involve the following;-
- Preparing budgets and work plans.
- Raising funds and supervising timely collection of revenue.
- Timely processing and transferring of sector funds thereby contributing to the growth of the municipality.
- Maintaining and controlling main and subsidiary accounts.
- Preparing financial statements and reports.
- Preparing final accounts.
- Reconciling bank accounts.
- Adequately answering audit queries.
Manned by the Economic Planner. Key roles and responsibilities
- Aligning the Three Year Development Plan to the National Development Plan.
- Production of the Budget Framework Paper.
- Conducting the Annual Budget conference.
- Coordinate the existing Municipal Information Systems such as CIS and LoGICS Plus.
- Maintain and update the Municipal database for planning purposes
- Mentoring Lower Local Governments in preparation of division development plans.
- Preparing Poverty Action Fund and LGMSDP work plans, cumulative and progressive reports.
- Preparing municipal Annual Reports and Statistical abstract.
It comprises of the municipal Council, Contracts committee, and Public Accounts committee. It is mandated to oversee, monitor & coordinate activities related to the council. The Clerk to Council oversees this body and responsibilities include
- Hold timely council meetings.
- Hold timely sectoral committee meetings.
- Monitor Government programmes.
- To set up policies and approve ordinances.
- Procure two desktop computer
- Procure council robs.
Municipal Contracts Committee
- Review of the list of suppliers and contractors and advertising of Renderers’ in the Official papers.
- Pre-qualification of the Tender Bids and Ratifications and authorization of expenditures.
- Consideration of the Technical Evaluation reports and Awards of Tenders.
Preparation and production of quarterly reports